Darkwind - Viewing Topic: Scripts v.326
Welcome Guest! » Darkwind » Announcements » Patch Notes » Scripts v.326

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll
Scripts v.326
*sam*
The Salthill Sluggerz
Darkwind Guru

Renegade

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Lead Developer
Posts: 16,780
Joined: Jan 19, 2006

Send an email to *sam* Send a personal messsage to *sam* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

This adds the last couple of 'solo missions'.

It also adds the logging of events starting/stopping back into the 'server messages' box.

If anyone has made any nice DW:Tactical missions and would like them to be considered for adding to the Solo Missions list, let me know.
.........................
marshal vet deathrce1 paintladder combat1 wv ped1 cont slay2013

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 9:28 am Last edited Jun 10, 2020, 9:29 am by *sam*
This member is currently online darthspanky
McSPANKYS LOLLIPOP GANSTAS
Darkwind Guru

Anarchists Faction

Member Level

Group: Subscribers
Posts: 4,009
Joined: Jul 29, 2007

Send a personal messsage to darthspanky Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

could i make one of the setups id seen and did in elms, then to get a brutal elms militia return lol
.........................
vet paintball wv1,0,1

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 12:35 pm
*sam*
The Salthill Sluggerz
Darkwind Guru

Renegade

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Lead Developer
Posts: 16,780
Joined: Jan 19, 2006

Send an email to *sam* Send a personal messsage to *sam* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Make it fun, make it challenging, and I'll consider adding it yes. Thanks!
.........................
marshal vet deathrce1 paintladder combat1 wv ped1 cont slay2013

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 12:39 pm
This member is currently online darthspanky
McSPANKYS LOLLIPOP GANSTAS
Darkwind Guru

Anarchists Faction

Member Level

Group: Subscribers
Posts: 4,009
Joined: Jul 29, 2007

Send a personal messsage to darthspanky Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

cant find a place to add ammo, can you add that in later?
.........................
vet paintball wv1,0,1

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 1:13 pm
*sam*
The Salthill Sluggerz
Darkwind Guru

Renegade

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Lead Developer
Posts: 16,780
Joined: Jan 19, 2006

Send an email to *sam* Send a personal messsage to *sam* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

It gives them ammo automatically.
.........................
marshal vet deathrce1 paintladder combat1 wv ped1 cont slay2013

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 1:24 pm
*Longo*
Longos Merry Men
Darkwind Guru

Mutants Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals
Posts: 6,659
Joined: Dec 15, 2007

Send an email to *Longo* Send a personal messsage to *Longo* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

What about missions designed for vet players in other towns? Not making gangs use their own gear, but maybe their own ganger(s)?

I have a few ideas in mind.
.........................
vet combatL1 ped1 paintladder semiprocombat ped2 wv pvp4 pvp1 gwped paintball pvp3 pvp5 slay2013 marshal circuit2 combat1 e2g raceL1 gwextrav gateautumn pvp2 triangle1

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 2:34 pm
*Bastille*
Raging Scavengers
Darkwind Guru

Evan Reds Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals + Contributors
Posts: 7,513
Joined: Mar 31, 2009

Send an email to *Bastille* Send a personal messsage to *Bastille* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

More of those would be great
.........................
marshal vet wv pvp4 zom cont pvp32,12,1

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 2:46 pm
*sam*
The Salthill Sluggerz
Darkwind Guru

Renegade

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Lead Developer
Posts: 16,780
Joined: Jan 19, 2006

Send an email to *sam* Send a personal messsage to *sam* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

*Longo* said:
What about missions designed for vet players in other towns? Not making gangs use their own gear, but maybe their own ganger(s)?

I have a few ideas in mind.


Yes, this is a nice idea (I think I saw you mention it before). Is this to tie in with the 'narrative missions' system, or separate?

Logistically, I think the easiest way to handle this would be that you build a DW:Tactical mission and any characters you design into it in the player's squad are ignored, to be replaced with real gangers by the players themselves when they start the event.
.........................
marshal vet deathrce1 paintladder combat1 wv ped1 cont slay2013

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 3:33 pm
*Longo*
Longos Merry Men
Darkwind Guru

Mutants Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals
Posts: 6,659
Joined: Dec 15, 2007

Send an email to *Longo* Send a personal messsage to *Longo* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Separate from narrative.

maybe list in in solo mission but label as more vet player targeted in whatever city it is, or it somehow becomes available in one of the city buildings?

Also with the one solo mission, to get your new ganger, my question - I am maxed right now with gangers, and you already said I would still get this ganger. But in about 20 more leadership points, will I still get this next ganger, if I complete the solo mission to get the free gunner? Or will this fill my next slot (meaning I should wait til I get my next one, then do this mission)?
.........................
vet combatL1 ped1 paintladder semiprocombat ped2 wv pvp4 pvp1 gwped paintball pvp3 pvp5 slay2013 marshal circuit2 combat1 e2g raceL1 gwextrav gateautumn pvp2 triangle1

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 3:46 pm
*sam*
The Salthill Sluggerz
Darkwind Guru

Renegade

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Lead Developer
Posts: 16,780
Joined: Jan 19, 2006

Send an email to *sam* Send a personal messsage to *sam* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

*Longo* said:
Separate from narrative.

maybe list in in solo mission but label as more vet player targeted in whatever city it is, or it somehow becomes available in one of the city buildings?

Also with the one solo mission, to get your new ganger, my question - I am maxed right now with gangers, and you already said I would still get this ganger. But in about 20 more leadership points, will I still get this next ganger, if I complete the solo mission to get the free gunner? Or will this fill my next slot (meaning I should wait til I get my next one, then do this mission)?


The 'prize' ganger does fill a slot, yes. But if you're already full you get to temporarily 'over fill' your slots with the prize. So you might want to wait before completing it.
.........................
marshal vet deathrce1 paintladder combat1 wv ped1 cont slay2013

Posted Jun 10, 2020, 6:02 pm Last edited Jun 10, 2020, 6:02 pm by *sam*
*StarFker*
Heretic Division Police Force
Sunday Driver

Renegade

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals
Posts: 44
Joined: Sep 11, 2015

Send an email to *StarFker* Send a personal messsage to *StarFker* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

My apologies for the forum necro, but with the rise of new players showing interest in camp wars, how hard would it be to simulate a moderate 1v1 camp war battle with moderate fast and slow CR deployment? Give them a taste of things to come if they enjoy it.

Equip both sides with typical setups that you'd use and face, vastly varying skills, through gangers, you get your reward if you don't have a character red (possibly forcing the said new player to use the escape) and you win the event.
.........................
wv vet marshal

Posted Aug 9, 2023, 2:29 am
*Longo*
Longos Merry Men
Darkwind Guru

Mutants Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals
Posts: 6,659
Joined: Dec 15, 2007

Send an email to *Longo* Send a personal messsage to *Longo* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

*StarFker* said:
My apologies for the forum necro, but with the rise of new players showing interest in camp wars, how hard would it be to simulate a moderate 1v1 camp war battle with moderate fast and slow CR deployment? Give them a taste of things to come if they enjoy it.

Equip both sides with typical setups that you'd use and face, vastly varying skills, through gangers, you get your reward if you don't have a character red (possibly forcing the said new player to use the escape) and you win the event.


You can make a scenario like this in Darkwind Tactical and they can play it out with no loss of anything.
.........................
vet combatL1 ped1 paintladder semiprocombat ped2 wv pvp4 pvp1 gwped paintball pvp3 pvp5 slay2013 marshal circuit2 combat1 e2g raceL1 gwextrav gateautumn pvp2 triangle1

Posted Aug 9, 2023, 9:28 am
*StarFker*
Heretic Division Police Force
Sunday Driver

Renegade

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals
Posts: 44
Joined: Sep 11, 2015

Send an email to *StarFker* Send a personal messsage to *StarFker* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

That's valid Longo, however if it was a solo scenario it would be right under the noses of new players while again not risking anything of theirs. In like tradition the odds are upon completion they'd walk out with something interesting. Maybe a mortar PU or another commonly used fighting vehicle? Possibly a ganger with a little bally skill and a spec?

It would in similar fashion to the other great scenarios give positive reinforcement to learning about the communities activities.
.........................
wv vet marshal

Posted Aug 9, 2023, 8:18 pm
*Longo*
Longos Merry Men
Darkwind Guru

Mutants Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals
Posts: 6,659
Joined: Dec 15, 2007

Send an email to *Longo* Send a personal messsage to *Longo* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

*StarFker* said:
That's valid Longo, however if it was a solo scenario it would be right under the noses of new players while again not risking anything of theirs. In like tradition the odds are upon completion they'd walk out with something interesting. Maybe a mortar PU or another commonly used fighting vehicle? Possibly a ganger with a little bally skill and a spec?

It would in similar fashion to the other great scenarios give positive reinforcement to learning about the communities activities.


Id suggest making a tactical scenario, and if its good, maybe Sam can implement it into a new solo mission when his workload slows down? I believe this was discussed back when he made the solo missions.
.........................
vet combatL1 ped1 paintladder semiprocombat ped2 wv pvp4 pvp1 gwped paintball pvp3 pvp5 slay2013 marshal circuit2 combat1 e2g raceL1 gwextrav gateautumn pvp2 triangle1

Posted Aug 10, 2023, 2:30 am
*StarFker*
Heretic Division Police Force
Sunday Driver

Renegade

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals
Posts: 44
Joined: Sep 11, 2015

Send an email to *StarFker* Send a personal messsage to *StarFker* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

Alright, I'll get to work on it some time this week.
.........................
wv vet marshal

Posted Aug 10, 2023, 7:27 pm
Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
» Darkwind » Announcements » Patch Notes » Scripts v.326

0.134 seconds - 25 queries - 0.51 load