Darkwind - Viewing Topic: "What do you reckon it started life as?"
Welcome Guest! » Darkwind » Roleplaying » The Rusty Nail » "What do you reckon it starte...

Pages: << prev 1 next >> Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll
"What do you reckon it started life as?"
This member is currently online *goat starer*
Special Circumstances
Darkwind Guru

Evan Reds Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals + Contributors
Posts: 10,344
Joined: Oct 29, 2007

Send an email to *goat starer* Send a personal messsage to *goat starer* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

asked Joan looking at the huge vehicle sitting in front of the small surviving group Bunnies. The hulk has been adapted, armoured and re armoured over decades. It's almost unrecognisable.

"you see those valves and pipes?" Carl points to part of the exposed chassis where their fire has removed a layer of steel. "This must have been some kind of pumping engine. Might even have been an old Fire Engine before the Fall."

"Well whatever the chassis was that gun is military" Joan puts in. "looks like it came from a tank"

"Great" says Carl. "We now own a piece of military hardware and a chassis most people would sacrifice their mother for. what the hell do we do with it? Sharlene is dead.. she was the only one who could have fixed this thing, let alone fired the gun. The Boss is dead. Or drivers are dead. there is just the 2 of us and few new guys stuck in Shanty with a truck we cant drive."

"how about we try to get it back to Somerset?" asks Joan.

"you know the way? I sure as hell don't! every scout is dead... even if we make it to badlands neither of us can repair the armour".

"well we gotta try. We cant stay here. This think will start attracting 'attention' soon. We dont have the crew to defend it and the muties here wont think twice about slitting our throats to take it."

Carl visibly pulls himself together. "you are right Joan. Get the guys together. Get this thing fueled. Lets see what weapons we can stick on the back and make a run for it Even if we don't make it its better than staying here to die."

"We leave tomorrow."
.........................
vet wv zom pvp4 cont community deathrceL1 marshal

Posted Oct 1, 2014, 1:21 am
This member is currently online *goat starer*
Special Circumstances
Darkwind Guru

Evan Reds Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals + Contributors
Posts: 10,344
Joined: Oct 29, 2007

Send an email to *goat starer* Send a personal messsage to *goat starer* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

The reception committee is waiting just outside the gates. Heavily armed mutants block the road with an old motor home and a land runner. behind a crowd of vehicles gathers as the convoy rumbles out.

the legendary Lacerators... this is a fight that can only go one way. Carl prepares to go down fighting and the two vehicles accelerate towards the waiting guns.

As they pass into range there is an eerie quiet. The Mutant guns stay silent. The Bunnies pass the lead car and see three thumbs raised on the drivers hand. A truce! the mutants love an impossible cause.
.........................
vet wv zom pvp4 cont community deathrceL1 marshal

Posted Oct 1, 2014, 9:52 pm
This member is currently online *goat starer*
Special Circumstances
Darkwind Guru

Evan Reds Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals + Contributors
Posts: 10,344
Joined: Oct 29, 2007

Send an email to *goat starer* Send a personal messsage to *goat starer* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

As the convoy reaches the long broken highway towards Badlands they pass the broken hulks of a raiding party, an ambush laid for the Bunnies, surprised and broken by a ferocious Lacerator assault. From one of the mutant SUVs a flipper waves the fire engine past.

.........................
vet wv zom pvp4 cont community deathrceL1 marshal

Posted Oct 1, 2014, 9:56 pm
This member is currently online *goat starer*
Special Circumstances
Darkwind Guru

Evan Reds Faction

Avatar

Member Level

Group: Marshals + Contributors
Posts: 10,344
Joined: Oct 29, 2007

Send an email to *goat starer* Send a personal messsage to *goat starer* Reply with a quote from this post Go to the top of the page

As they roll into badlands without a scratch Joan and carl look at one another in amazement.

"you know those guys won't be there on the next leg?"

"yeah" says carl "but next time i see a guy with a rubber face and tentacles Im going to buy him a drink!"
.........................
vet wv zom pvp4 cont community deathrceL1 marshal

Posted Oct 1, 2014, 11:14 pm
Reply to Topic Create New Topic Create New Poll E-mail me when replies are made to this topic View Printable
» Darkwind » Roleplaying » The Rusty Nail » "What do you reckon it starte...

0.1556 seconds - 14 queries - 0.73 load