Darkwind
I hate forums, Forums descend to pointless inanity

Valiance


Posted Feb 10, 2017, 2:33 pm
Hello,

I came back, I looked at the forums. It wasn't pretty. Why don't we delete them all and start again.

:-)
Groovelle


Posted Feb 10, 2017, 3:49 pm
I voted to delete Valiance. No inanity here.


Only insanity. :) :) :D ;) :cyclops: :rolleyes: :thinking: :stare: :o :rolleyes: B)
DirkNotSoGently


Posted Feb 10, 2017, 3:50 pm
No option on your poll for

"I *enjoy* scum & villany"

(Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!)
*The X Man*


Posted Feb 11, 2017, 7:34 am
I AM THE DARKSIDE!!!! Bwahahaha
*sam*


Posted Feb 11, 2017, 12:08 pm
What! There's 11 years of cool stuff (as well as trolling and vitriol) in here. Would you nuke the beautiful writing of badger, dr mathias, and the rest?
*Brunwulf*


Posted Feb 11, 2017, 12:48 pm
*sam* said:
What!  There's 11 years of cool stuff (as well as trolling and vitriol) in here. Would you nuke the beautiful writing of badger, dr mathias, and the rest?


And me! don't forget me! My late night drunken ramblings have given so many players so much to laugh at! :-)
goat starer


Posted Feb 11, 2017, 9:50 pm
*sam* said:
What!  There's 11 years of cool stuff (as well as trolling and vitriol) in here. Would you nuke the beautiful writing of badger, dr mathias, and the rest?


I think he is expecting that you will go through every post and archive the beauty.
Bolt Thrower


Posted Feb 11, 2017, 11:40 pm
Valiance said:
Hello,

I came back, I looked at the forums. It wasn't pretty. Why don't we delete them all and start again.

:-)


Deleting historical records just ensures history repeats.

Anyways, there is a treasure trove of stuff in the forums and the Gazette if people are willing to search, including your stories.
Valiance


Posted Feb 13, 2017, 2:32 pm
I'm delighted that Goat has volunteered to go back and find all the good stuff. I think we can now all agree that we can go and kill the bad stuff :-)


Frankly, I knew I was on a hiding to nothing, but the forums are a bit... off-putting to new or returning players.
*DoubleTap*


Posted Feb 17, 2017, 12:35 pm
I remember the search function being altered to prevent skullduggery regarding camps. Has it been changed again? What's the best way to search the forums?
goat starer


Posted Feb 18, 2017, 12:42 am
Valiance said:
I'm delighted that Goat has volunteered to go back and find all the good stuff. I think we can now all agree that we can go and kill the bad stuff :-)


Frankly, I knew I was on a hiding to nothing, but the forums are a bit... off-putting to new or returning players.


I'm not sure that you are fully understanding that Sam and I are not the same person. I am the taller, better looking one. He is the nicer one. Between us we make one medium sized, average human from the Isle of Mann.
darthspanky


Posted Feb 19, 2017, 3:27 am
no dont delete them, there is a treasure trove of proof that i am certifiably crazy when you read some of those older posts, i can use those as references lol
Joskney


Posted Feb 19, 2017, 8:38 pm
goat starer said:

I'm not sure that you are fully understanding that Sam and I are not the same person. I am the taller, better looking one. He is the nicer one. Between us we make one medium sized, average human from the Isle of Mann.


That begs to question then, is it your portrait in the Church at the bottom of Dead Man's drop in Firelight or Sams??
goat starer


Posted Feb 20, 2017, 10:28 pm
Joskney said:
goat starer said:

I'm not sure that you are fully understanding that Sam and I are not the same person. I am the taller, better looking one. He is the nicer one. Between us we make one medium sized, average human from the Isle of Mann.


That begs to question then, is it your portrait in the Church at the bottom of Dead Man's drop in Firelight or Sams??


Never made it down to have a look.

Does it look like a goblin or a paladin?
*sam*


Posted Feb 21, 2017, 10:22 am
Valiance said:
we can now all agree that we can go and kill the bad stuff


DELETE * FROM forum_posts WHERE author='goat_starer'; 

;-)
Groovelle


Posted Feb 21, 2017, 5:06 pm
goat starer said:
Never made it down to have a look.

Does it look like a goblin or a paladin?


Wait a minute, which one is the goblin??  :rolleyes:
Joskney


Posted Feb 21, 2017, 9:54 pm
So goat "MADE" me stalk you *Sam* online, it is his fault. I believe by the few photos I have located from past interviews that it is a portrait of *Sam* in the Church. Unless *Sam* is the cute one via Alias of "MISTY" :P
*sam*


Posted Feb 22, 2017, 10:43 am
Haha. I do recall someone editing that stained-glass window image yeah. I think it was Rev. V.
goat starer


Posted Feb 22, 2017, 9:25 pm
*sam* said:
Valiance said:
we can now all agree that we can go and kill the bad stuff


DELETE * FROM forum_posts WHERE author='goat_starer'; 

;-)


Hehe
Mad Mike


Posted Feb 23, 2017, 2:42 am
Remember JD is immortalized in these forums
Speed_Melon


Posted Apr 15, 2017, 1:52 pm
Darth used a comma in a post!!!
*DoubleTap*


Posted May 13, 2017, 5:49 pm
This thread about deleting the forums is exactly why we should keep the forums.

Back